More complex and demanding business environments lead to more heterogeneous systems environments. This, in turn, results in requirements to synchronize master data. Master Data Management (MDM) – an essential discipline to get a single, consistent view of an enterprise's core business entities – customers, products, suppliers, and employees. MDM solutions enable enterprise-wide master data synchronization.
Given that effective master data for any subject area requires input from multiple applications and business units, enterprise master data needs a formal management system. Business approval, business process change, and capture of master data at optimal, early points in the data lifecycle are essential to achieving true enterprise master data. MDM takes knowledge, skill, and organization to be successful.
This online training course provides a comprehensive view of the critical elements for MDM success including business, architectural, people, process, project, and technology considerations. Learn from the real-world experiences of the instructor what it takes to make MDM work.
You will learn:
This course is geared towards:
- Architectures — The variety of architectural approaches to MDM and guidelines to determine which is right for your organization
- Roles and Responsibilities — The people dimension of MDM including roles of sponsors, program managers, analysts, designers and developers, DBAs, and more
- Tool Selection — The technology dimension of MDM including information gathering, proof-of-concept, and scoring and selection techniques.
- Process Improvement — The process dimension of MDM including workflow optimization that leads to business process improvement, and information management process improvements such as using MDM to conform dimensions of analysis at earlier points of the data lifecycle
- MDM Implementation — The project dimension of MDM including activities of planning, requirements analysis, design, test strategy, data migration, design, development, and integration
- Anyone involved in managing Enterprise Master Data
- MDM Program and Project Managers
- MDM Analysts, Designers, and Developers
- Data Architects
- Information Systems Project Managers
- Data Integration and Data Warehousing Program and Project Managers
- Business Data Owners and Data Stewards
- Business Users of Enterprise Master Data
MDM-04 MDM Architecture and Implementation
MDM-04-00 About the Course (7 min)|
MDM-04-01 Introduction (30 min)
MDM-04-02 MDM Architecture (79 min)
MDM-04-03 MDM Tool Selection (49 min)
- Architecture Approaches
- Conforming Dimensions for the Enterprise
- Business Process Workflows
- Data Quality
- Data Quality Case Example
- Syndicated Data
- Architecting Syndicated Data
MDM-04-04 Planning for Success (77 min)
- Request for Information and Request for Proposal
- Proof of Concept and Final Selection
- MDM Project Management
- MDM Project Roles and Responsibilities
- Organizing and Planning for MDM Success
- Case Study
Click –here- to download a more detailed outline of this course.