This material is available as part of Data Literacy certification. Please visit our Data Literacy Certification page for more information.
The study material contains a high-level overview of all 12 data literacy topics from the Data Literacy Body of Knowledge (BOK).
You Will Learn:
This Course is Geared Toward:
- Data concepts including various kinds of data and the ways that data is typically organized
- Database fundamentals for many database types including flat files, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- How knowledge about data is managed by metadata and data catalogs
- Data governance purposes and processes including policy management, quality management, and data curation
- Data resource management including data warehousing, data lakes, data integration, and data engineering
- How to find, evaluate, and prepare data for your purposes and projects
- Data analysis techniques
- Data visualization techniques
- The path from data to action and
- business impact
- Anyone working to increase their data literacy
- Those who work with data as part of job responsibilities and needs to know more about data
- Anyone who needs to understand the roles and responsibilities of others who work with data
- Anyone who wants to get a big-picture, end-to-end understanding of all things related to data
Once you pass the exam, you will receive a Certificate of Education
documenting that you have demonstrated mastery of the topic. Course
exams count towards eLC certification programs. Visit our Certification page for more information about our various programs.