You will learn:
Big data has gone mainstream. It reaches well beyond the initial group of Silicon Valley “new economy” tech companies and the new media companies that helped launch the industry. The big data adoption landscape has expanded to include automakers, big finance, big insurance companies, telecommunications, healthcare companies and big retailers. Big data is past the hype phase and adoption is accelerating, but success is not a given and challenges remain.
This informative technical general session is full of the “need to know” for anyone involved in an enterprise data landscape. Learn from experienced enterprise information strategists with real project experience about the path that big data is on, the obstacles along the path, and how to confidently join the big data revolution. Learn the players in the technology landscape and the ideal workloads for big data in enterprises. Learn where big data adds value to an existing enterprise information strategy and how to get the projects started and dropping the “not in production” label.
This 3.5-hour online course addresses the technical community as well as
the user community, providing guidance on how to penetrate and benefit
the enterprise. This practical session will help you make the most of
big data and make the best choices to ensure information remains an
unparalleled corporate asset.
This course is geared towards:
- A workable definition of big data so you know it when you see it
- Drivers for big data
- Big data in the enterprise
- The Hadoop framework for analytical big data
- NoSQL and operational big data
- An overall information architecture with big data
- Business and Data Analysts
- BI Architects and BI Developers
- Data Architects
- Data Integrators
- Analytics Developers and Consumers
- Anyone who needs to understand the business and technical implications of Big Data