You will learn to:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a field that is continually and actively growing and changing, expanding human capability beyond imagination. AI has captured the attention of scientists, engineers and business people across industries worldwide exploring ways to find insight and create value from smart applications and products.
This 5-hour course presents the basics of AI from historical to modern AI with the illustrative applications of endless possibilities. We will examine how AI already impacts every aspect of our daily lives and explore emerging AI based technologies with examples of applications and implications as well as opportunities. To understand some of the deeper concepts, such as natural language processing, face recognition and autonomous driving, we will explore several basic AI concepts: four major types of AI as well as machine learning, logic and planning, probabilistic technology, deep learning, and neural networks.
This course is geared towards:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) and its foundations
- Apply basic principles of AI to problems that require inference, perception, and learning
- Demonstrate awareness and a fundamental understanding of various applications of AI techniques in intelligent agents, expert systems, artificial neural networks, autonomous vehicle, and other machine learning models
- Demonstrate an ability to share in discussions of AI, its current scope and limitations, and societal impact
- Business managers and executives
- Technology managers and executives
- Data science and data engineering team members
- Process improvement professionals
- IT analysts and developers
- Data management analysts
- Technology and business architects
- Analytics, business intelligence, data science, and data engineering program leaders
- Anyone with an interest in understanding the capabilities, opportunities, and challenges offered by artificial intelligence
Module 0. About the Course (6 min)
Module 1. AI In Everyday Life (48 min)
Module 2. AI Introduction (44 min)
- Ubiquitous AI is the “New Normal”
- Great Benefits of AI Across Industries
- AI In Everyday Life
Module 3. Intelligent Systems (44 min)
- What is AI?
- Artificial Intelligence in Real Life
- AI Popularity
- What Drives AI Popularity?
- AI is Enjoying Significant Hype and Investment
- Definition of AI
- AI Purpose and Goals
- Short History of AI
- The Foundations of AI
Module 4. Search (50 min)
- What is Intelligence Composed Of?
- What AI Should be Able to Do?
- Types of AI Systems: Parts 1 & 2
- Act Rationally/Act Like a Human
- Systems that Act Like Humans
- Systems that Think and Act Rationally
- Systems that Act Rationally
Module 5. Planning & Expert Systems (35 min)
- Search Algorithms
- Depth-First Strategy
- Bidirectional Strategy
- Uniform Cost Search
- Comparison of Strategies
- Informed or Heuristic Search
- Local Search Algorithms
Module 6. Learning (62 min)
- Formal Definition of Planning
- Basic Planning Algorithms
- Formalizing Planning Problems
- Forward Chaining Planning
- Backward Chaining
- Expert Systems
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Self-Driving Vehicles
- Self-Driving Cars Impact
- AI Issues
- Ethical Issues in AI
to download a more detailed outline of this course.
This exam tests knowledge and understanding of basic concepts, principles, and terminology of data science.
You will be tested in these areas:
- Everyday situations where AI is used
- The definition and purpose of AI
- Concepts of intelligence
- Systems that act like humans
- Systems that act rationally
- Search techniques in AI
- Planning systems and expert systems
- Machine learning basics
- Natural Language Processing
Number of Questions: 25
Time Limit: 50 Minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Once you pass the exam, you will receive a Certificate of Education documenting that you have demonstrated mastery of the topic.
Further, the exam will count towards the Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) designation in the Data Science track.
We recommend that you take detailed notes and review the course material multiple times before taking this exam.
Click here to learn more about CIMP exams.