Data quality is a large and complex field with many dimensions. Every data quality practitioner needs a foundation of concepts, principles, and terminology that are common in quality management. Building upon that foundation, they need to understand how quality management concepts and principles are applied to data, as well as the language and terminology that specifically apply to data quality.
This online training course provides an overview of the field of data quality with the goal of building strong foundational knowledge.
You will learn:
This course is geared toward individuals who:
- basic concepts, principles, and practices of quality management
- general quality management terminology
- data-specific quality management terminology
- how quality management principles are applied to data
- how big data and analytics influence data quality management
- are getting started in the data quality field
- are preparing for in-depth study of data quality and needs to start with the basics
- work with data quality professionals and needs to understand what they do
- need to "speak the data quality language"
Data Quality Fundamentals Course Outline
DQ-01-00 About the Course (5 min)|
DQ-01-01 Quality Basics (30 min)
DQ-01-02 Quality Management (93 min)
- Quality Basics
- Quality Defined
- Quality and Defects
- Quality Economics
DQ-01-03 Data Quality Basics (45 min)
- Quality Management Practices
- Quality Management Gurus
- Quality Management Methodologies
- Related Disciplines
- Measurement and Standards
DQ-01-04 Data Quality Management (87 min)
- Data Quality Defined
- Data and Purpose
- Dimensions of Data Quality
- Data Quality Processes
- Data Quality Techniques
- Data Quality and Big Data
- Data Quality Tools and Technology
- Data Quality Projects
- Building-In Data Quality
- Data Quality Organizations
Click - here - to download a more detailed outline of this course.
This exam tests knowledge and understanding of basic concepts, principles, and terminology of quality management in general, and data quality management in particular.
You will be tested in these areas:
- General quality management terminology
- Quality management methodologies, including Statistical Process Control, TQM, and Six Sigma, and related disciplines
- Quality measurement and standards
- Data-specific quality management terminology
- How quality management principles are applied to data
- Data quality dimensions
- Data quality processes, projects and techniques
- Role of people, organization, tools and technologies in data quality management
Number of Questions: 20
Time Limit: 40 Minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Once you pass the exam, you will receive a Certificate of Education documenting that you have demonstrated mastery of the topic. Further, the exam counts towards Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) designation in Information Management Foundations, Data Quality, Data Governance, and Data Warehousing tracks.
We recommend that you take detailed notes and review the course material multiple times before taking this exam. Click here to learn more about CIMP exams.