**To qualify for this package, you must have previously earned a CIMP, CDS, CDMC, or DLC Mentor Certificate. Please note we will verify your status before giving you access to the course and exam. This process may take up to 72 hours. Please click here for the standard DCAM package.
This Package includes the DCAM course plus the certification exam.
DCAM (the Data Management Capability Assessment Model) is the industry-standard, best practice framework designed to assist today's information professional in developing and sustaining a comprehensive data management program, and one that is a business and operational priority in their firm. DCAM was developed by industry professional members of EDM Council, the global non-profit association for data management. The DCAM model is used by a substantial majority of financial industry firms, including Tier 1 and Tier 2 banks plus regulators, with rapid adoption across other industries such as insurance, pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
The DCAM course provides a comprehensive perspective on capabilities needed to develop and implement a practical data management function. The curriculum is organized into eight core components covering over 100 essential data management capabilities and sub-capabilities. Each capability is supported by a series of requirement statements including specific objectives, scoring guidance, implementation advice and artifacts needed for evaluation of data management programs. The latest DCAM v2 Course includes new capabilities for provisioning of data to advanced analytics and AI/ML initiatives and includes data ethics.
You will learn:
- A comprehensive understanding of Data Management best practices
- How to assess existing data management capabilities, to identify gaps and to introduce best practices
- How to identify and prioritize opportunities to advance your Data Management and Advanced Analytics initiatives
- The core, logical components that are applicable and understandable in the real world of data management
- Real DCAM v2 use cases
The DCAM course is organized into its eight core components:
- Data Strategy & Business Case
- Data Management Program & Funding
- Business & Data Architecture
- Data & Technology Architecture
- Data Quality Management
- Data Governance
- Data Control Environment
- Analytics Management
This course is geared towards:
- Business Managers and Executives
- Data Managers and Executives
- Technology Managers and Executives
- Data Management Analysts
- Data Science and Data Engineering Team Members
- Business Analysts
- Analytics Managers
- Process Managers and Decision Makers
- Business Measurement and Performance Analysts
- Technology and Business Architects
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science and Data Engineering Program Leaders
- Anyone with an interest in understanding the capabilities, opportunities and challenges offered by data management
This DCAM Certification Package includes the DCAM course plus the certification exam.
Please note: Knowledge of DCAM is beneficial to any data
management professional. However, students should be aware that DCAM is
proprietary to the EDM Council and can only be used in assessments by
individuals who are employees of members of the Council.
Are you already accredited in DCAM? Earn your DCAM Certification.
If you have previously taken the DCAM course either in person or online and wish to become DCAM Certified, purchase the
Certification exam only. If you would like to review DCAM content before taking the certification exam, or get up to date on the latest version of DCAM, you can purchase the course + exam for previously accredited students.