DCAM (the Data Management Capability Assessment Model) is the industry-standard, best practice framework designed to assist today's information professional in developing and sustaining a comprehensive data management program, and one that is a business and operational priority in their firm. DCAM was developed by industry professional members of EDM Council, the global non-profit association for data management. The DCAM model is used by a substantial majority of financial industry firms, including Tier 1 and Tier 2 banks plus regulators, with rapid adoption across other industries such as insurance, pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
The DCAM course provides a comprehensive perspective on capabilities needed to develop and implement a practical data management function. The curriculum is organized into eight core components covering over 100 essential data management capabilities and sub-capabilities. Each capability is supported by a series of requirement statements including specific objectives, scoring guidance, implementation advice and artifacts needed for evaluation of data management programs. The latest DCAM v2 Course includes new capabilities for provisioning of data to advanced analytics and AI/ML initiatives and includes data ethics.
You will learn:
- A comprehensive understanding of Data Management best practices
- How to assess existing data management capabilities, to identify gaps and to introduce best practices
- How to identify and prioritize opportunities to advance your Data Management and Advanced Analytics initiatives
- The core, logical components that are applicable and understandable in the real world of data management
- Real DCAM v2 use cases
The DCAM course is organized into its eight core components:
- Data Strategy & Business Case
- Data Management Program & Funding
- Business & Data Architecture
- Data & Technology Architecture
- Data Quality Management
- Data Governance
- Data Control Environment
- Analytics Management
This course is geared towards:
- Business Managers and Executives
- Data Managers and Executives
- Technology Managers and Executives
- Data Management Analysts
- Data Science and Data Engineering Team Members
- Business Analysts
- Analytics Managers
- Process Managers and Decision Makers
- Business Measurement and Performance Analysts
- Technology and Business Architects
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science and Data Engineering Program Leaders
- Anyone with an interest in understanding the capabilities, opportunities and challenges offered by data management
This DCAM Certification package includes the course plus certification exam for students who are currently DCAM accredited in v1 & v1.3, or students accredited on v2 who want an online refresher of v2 course material along with the certification exam.
Please note we will verify your status before giving you access to the course and exam. **This process may take up to 72 hours.** If you are unsure of your status please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not accredited and would like to purchase the DCAM Certification package
please click here.
Looking to take just the DCAM Certification exam?
If you are already accredited in DCAM v2 by completing a live or online course, complete your DCAM Certification by passing the exam. Purchase the online Certification exam only.