Conceptual Data Modeling using the UML standard is a key method for getting a handle on the data requirements of an organization. Effective conceptual data modeling results in maximum benefits from information assets by increasing shared use and avoiding redundancy. Data that is relevant, timely, consistent, and accessible has increased value to the organization.
This online training course teaches conceptual data modeling from A to Z and includes an effective mix of presentation and exercises.
You will learn:
This course is geared towards:
- terminology, goals, and components of conceptual data modeling
- how to benefit from conceptual data modeling
- how to create conceptual data models, including Domain Models and Class Models
- Business Analysts and Architects
- Database Administrators and Analysts
- Data Administrators and Data Modelers
- Information Technology Managers, Project Managers
- Application Development Project Team Members
DM-02 Conceptual Data Modeling
DM-02-00 About the Course (6 min)|
DM-02-01 Introduction (43 min)
DM-02-02 Conceptual Data Modeling Methodology Part 1 (58 min)
- Introduction to Conceptual Data Modeling
- UML - Unified Modeling Language
- Domain Modeling
- Class Modeling
- Conceptual Data Modeling Basic Methodology
DM-02-03 Conceptual Data Modeling Methodology Part 2 (65 min)
- Phase 1: Understanding the Business
- Phase 2: Modeling Domains
DM-02-04 Conceptual Data Modeling Methodology Part 3 (32 min)
- Phase 3: Modeling Classes
- Phase 4: Modeling Associations
- Phase 5: Modeling Properties
- Creating Deliverables
- In Conclusion
Click -here- to download a more detailed outline of this course.
This exam tests knowledge and understanding of conceptual data modeling techniques.
You will be tested in these areas:
- Purpose and benefits of conceptual data modeling
- Basic concepts and terminology of conceptual data modeling
- Basic terminology and concepts of Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Understanding and modeling domains
- Understanding and modeling classes
- Understanding and modeling associations
- Understanding and modeling properties
Number of Questions: 25
Time Limit: 50 Minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Once you pass the exam, you will receive a Certificate of Education documenting that you have demonstrated mastery of the topic. Further, the exam counts towards Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) designation in the Metadata Management track.
We recommend that you take detailed notes and review the course material multiple times before taking this exam. Click here to learn more about CIMP exams.