Corporate data and information require governance. Without governance the promised benefits of information assets cannot occur.
Most of the burden for data governance success falls on business users of information. Business personnel must learn to be stewards, owners, and change agents while still accomplishing their day-to-day responsibilities. Many information management and governance initiatives originate in business areas, but the realities of sustaining governance need to be fully understood before real change occurs. A solid business case, ongoing measures, and changing old data habits are essential to long-term success.
This course covers basic governance concepts that business participants need to understand and describes the steps that they can take to make governance a successful business initiative.
On completion of this course you'll have the skills to:
This course is a good choice for you if:
- build a relevant business case for data governance
- talk with business leadership
- design governance teams and projects
- sustain governance through measurements
- you depend on data to get your job done but are routinely burdened with poor quality data
- you are a business person who needs to take charge of data and information quality
- you have been designated as a data owner or data steward and need to learn what that means
- you are responsible to start or to grow a data governance program
- you are a data quality or data governance professional who needs to get business participation
DG-03 Data Governance for Business Leaders
DG-03-00 About the Course (5 min)|
DG-03-01 Introduction(36 min)
DG-03-02 Designing Sustainable Data Governance Program(64 min)
- Positioning - A Letter to the CEO
- What is Governance?
- Sample Definitions of Data Governance
- Building Blocks of Sustainable Data Governance
- Functions and Challenges of Data Governance
DG-03-03 Designing & Sustaining Data Governance Organization(64 min)
- A Relevant Business Case
- Communications with Business Leadership
- Principles, Policies and Standards
- Designing Data Governance Team
- Metrics for Sustaining Data Governance
- Culture Change Management
Click -here- to download a more detailed outline of this course.
This exam tests knowledge and understanding of data governance concepts, principles, and steps from the perspective of the business.
You will be tested in these areas:
- Business drivers and business case for data governance
- Building blocks of sustainable data governance
- Data governance principles, policies, and standards
- How to communicate data governance to business leaders
- Functions and roles in data governance teams and projects
- Metrics for sustaining data governance
- Culture change management
Number of Questions: 20
Time Limit: 40 Minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Once you pass the exam, you will receive a Certificate of Education documenting that you have demonstrated mastery of the topic. Further, the exam counts towards Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) designation in the Data Governance track.
We recommend that you take detailed notes and review the course material multiple times before taking this exam. Click here to learn more about CIMP exams.