Managing Business Intelligence assets has become one of the most critical responsibilities of Business and Information Technology managers today. Effective management requires assessment of operational strengths and weaknesses as a first step.
This on-line training class defines a structure and step-by-step approach to assessing Business Intelligence operations. It provides a foundation for understanding, analyzing and grading the design, development and implementation of BI products for an organization and teaches you how to apply the assessment methods and tools to your own BI operations.
The foundation for the assessment of BI operations is the Business Intelligence Capability Maturity Model, which identifies and describes key assessment features, assessment factors (KPI's), rulers for measurement, as well as assessment principles, practices and methods. In this course, each component of the model is fully defined and a set of evaluation and assessment tools are described.
You will learn:
- the basic structure, components and flow of business intelligence operations
- how to prepare a foundation for decreasing costs and improving the quality of business intelligence
- the basic concepts, goals, principles, and practices for assessing business intelligence operations
- how to understand and apply Business Intelligence Capability Maturity Model in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your organization
- how to assess and rate your organization against standardized measures for business intelligence performance
This course is geared towards those who:
- need to understand and improve business intelligence operations
- analyze and assess business intelligence operations
- manage business intelligence operations
- provide executive level oversight of business intelligence for an organization
- manage the business intelligence investment(s) for the organization
- are consultants and others who work with BI professionals and managers who need to understand how to improve business intelligence for the organization
BI-02 Assessing Business Intelligence Operations
BI-02-00 About the Course (9 min)|
BI-02-01 Introduction (41 min)
BI-02-02 Assessment Concepts, Tools, And Practices (57 Min)
- Why Conduct a BI Operations Assessment?
- Business Intelligence Capability Maturity Model for Assessment (BI-CMM/A)
BI-02-03 The Assessment Program (49 min)
- What to Assess?
- Performance Measurement: Key Performance Inidcators
- Measurement Rulers
- The Assessment Process
BI-02-04 Case Study (67 min)
- Tips and Guidelines
- Step 1: Obtain Agreement for Assessment
- Step 2: Select a Leader and Team
- Step 3: Plan Assessment
- Step 4: Conduct the Assessment: The process
- Step 5: Compile Results
- Step 6: Rank Organization
- Step 7: Communicate Results
BI-02-05 Case Study Wrap Up (22 min)
- Start Up
- Choosing Pilot Assessment Target
- Planning the Pilot
- Conducting the Assessment
- Rating the Pilot Targets
- Wrap Up & Communications
- Course Summary
- Additional Support
Click –here- to download a more detailed outline of this course.